Math Kangaroo 2020
WHAT IS MATH KANGAROO?
Math Kangaroo is an international math competition that encourages problem solving in mathematics. The test is challenging (but fun!) and is comprised almost entirely of word problems. Depending on grade level, there are 24 to 30 problems. The students are allowed 1 hour and 15 minutes to complete the test. High scoring students receive a small prize and are recognized on the Math Kangaroo website in May 2020.
Azevada students in grades 1-6 are encouraged to participate. Kindergarten students may participate if they are strong enough readers to handle complex word problems independently. No reading help is allowed.
It is held once a year on the third Thursday in March. This year, Azevada will host the 26th annual competition on Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Registration closes on December 15, 2019 and spots are limited so please register now!
- Go to: https://mathkangaroo.oasis-lms.com/Public/Catalog/Home.aspx
- Click on the "login" button on the website. A box pops up. It allows you to login if you have already have an account, or create a new account.
- Set up a new account with Math Kangaroo, or, if you have participated in previous years, use an old account to login.
- Click on the tab that says "By Invitation".
- Enter the Azevada access code: azevada5@20MK
- Go through the steps to submit payment ($21) and fill in the student information to add your child as a participant. You can add more than one child on the same family account.
- You should receive a confirmation e-mail from Math Kangaroo.
- If you have any questions, email azevadaMathClub@gmail.com